The importance of Managed IT Services even when you have IT support on-hand
Information Technology (IT) is now a critical component in supporting any modern organizations and its business processes. Support for the required IT Infrastructure needs to be in place to ensure that there is little or no unplanned downtime.
Unfortunately for most organizations this is not the case because:
- No Formal IT department is in place, IT is handled by a “single IT technician”.
- the existing IT Department is understaffed
- the current IT team is stretched
- the proper infrastructure was never implemented in the first place
- Good IT resources are difficult to find
- Smaller businesses simply cannot afford to have the right onsite support
Currently many IT Departments rely on reactive IT support services otherwise referred as “break-fix” support. When something, such as a computer, network, or server, is broken, tech support drops everything to fix it.
When studies are conducted on high performance companies across the globe, how they support their IT infrastructure is much different from how average companies handle IT. These high-performance companies do not perceive the value of IT in terms of the amount of time it takes to deliver them, but rather in terms of the business value that IT presents. Typically, these organizations outsource IT services that are not core to the business.
The Business Case for Managed IT Services
Managed IT services enable and support what is common to all businesses – the need to increase business revenue, performance, profitability and competitiveness. Rather than managing their IT infrastructure themselves, high performance organizations, large and small, have found that outsourcing their IT requirement provides a slew of benefits including:
- The ability to focus on core business competencies versus IT.
- Reduce business risks.
- Increase business continuity and productivity.
- Provide access to new technologies and IT expertise.
- Help respond to changing business conditions.
- Provide a competitive advantage.
- Reduce cost and better financial planning
- Faster problem resolution
- IT systems are optimized
A fully-managed IT services suite is designed to provide you with peace of mind, freeing you to focus on strategy and growth and driving your business forward.
The article is written by Gillian Murray. She is the Marketing Manager at tTech Limited. She can be contacted at 656-8467/656-8448 or by email at email@example.com